December 1, 2009

A smorgasbord of fun.


Last weekend was a busy, crazy, wonderful weekend.  First of all, we hosted Thanksgiving (less than a week) after moving into our new home. Luckily, our families are super awesome and aren't people we have to "impress".  While I have several friends that would give Martha a run for her money, our Thanksgiving was pretty basic- good food and good company, without any time for cute decor. However, it was a great time for everyone and fun for us to host so soon in our new home. Joe is quite the sous chef as well, and I am lucky to have a hubby who helps his wife with the cooking on Thanksgiving :)

Friday it was off to Portland for lots of catch up time with friends. Friday night Joe had a man-date with Blair (Lexus club-level tickets to the Blazer game, nbd) while Mo and I met up for dinner and drinks. Top it off with some bowling at Hollywood Bowl -a very classy venue- and a new bowling PR/victory for me (I bowled a 158, what the crap?!) and I'd say it was a great night.

Saturday we spent a lot of time with my brother Brian, my cousin Cathy, and her hubby Aaron. They are pretty much the coolest people ever. We tried an awesome restaurant in SW Portland before making a stop at the "beer shop", where we purchased some special items for some of our besties. Can't wait to have them all over soon so we can bust out the goods! (Stay tuned for that post, it is probably going to be awesome). For dinner we went to Portland City Grill to celebrate the marriage of one of my old friends from high school, Alex Schaeffer. He got married in Bolivia but had a reception here, and it was so nice to meet his lovely wife and see so many old friends from high school!

Sunday included a huge breakfast prepared by our wonderful hosts, Cathy and Aaron. Lots of bacon and hashbrowns, so yummy. Then we watched the Seahawks beat the Rams on tv, which was awesome. It was a beautiful, relaxing Sunday and it is always nice to see our friends on the Seahawks get a victory.

After the game we had a long drive back to Roseburg, which gave us lots of time to just talk and reflect. And I realized, instead of complaining about living in Roseburg and missing my friends in Portland and Seattle, I should just be grateful to have such awesome people in my life and be happy I live within driving distance. Some people I know do not have that privilege. And even though Roseburg is not perfect, it really is a decent place to call home. Plus, I have an amazing husband, awesome dog, and a cute little house, all happy to have me there. And for those things, I am very, very thankful :)


Avoiding Thanksgiving Day Disaster #1... a frozen turkey


Ahhh... much better


Carving it up


Kathy and her yummy homemade rolls


With our creations- turkey for me, mashed potatoes for Joe
(who looks like he just wants to eat at this point...)


With two of our favorite people at Alex's reception


Love her! (Classy bunny ears Matt)


Wow, Jessie and I are two lucky ladies... look at how classy our hubbies are ;)

2 comments:

nicole said...

yay! glad you had fun. i like seeing the little sneak peek of your kitchen!

ps i like your hair like that...you should keep it!

dabs&william said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving...we need to come down to the Burg to visit you guys sometime!!!!