November 27, 2009

Finally...

we have a home. I have been craving a house for a long, long time. I've been longing for a house like most girls my age long for babies. Maybe it's because in the last 4 years of my life, I've moved 9 times. (That is NOT an exaggeration.) In fact, after living in the same house for the first 18 years of my life, I've moved 13 times since leaving for college. Joe and I have moved between Oregon and Washington more times than I care to recall, and it seems like every time we start to get settled somewhere and really begin to like it, it is time to pick up and leave again for one reason or another. I have been subbing for the last THREE years because of this instability, and all I want is a place to call home and know that it's worth investing in a community because we'll be around for awhile.

Well, I finally got what I've been wishing for. Joe and I recently put an offer on a house in Roseburg and it was accepted. We moved in and are "renting" it until we close. We are so close to owning our first home and it is SUCH a great feeling and relief. A lot of people have been asking for pictures, so I decided to post one here. I haven't taken very many yet since much of it is filled with boxes and very unorganized right now. However, here is a little preview of our new home. Man, it feels so nice to finally be able to say that :)


4 comments:

Radiant Rachael's Magical Musings said...

That is so great Janelle! I'm really happy for you, Joe and Jack!

dabs&william said...

CONGRATS Newtons! We are very, very happy for you! It is really a blessing when you can call a place your HOME! Have fun moving in! :)

nicole said...

its so great! can't wait to see the inside!

Jonas and Janelle said...

Thanks guys! It is SO nice to finally have our own little home, we love it. When we get all settled in we'll have to have a house-warming party and you can come help us celebrate- although it might be a little tough for you to make an appearance Mrs. Simmons ;)