May 11, 2011

1 month!

Madeline's first month of life came and went in a flash! Now we are already into month two and I am still amazed by how quickly she changes and grows every day. (As Joe recently said, "She looks more like a real human now!") Her sleeping patterns are still inconsistent and downright miserable at times, but she is also much more alert and more fun to interact with when she is awake. She makes a LOT of funny expressions and is "talking" to us more (grunting, cooing, shrieking, etc.). I've noticed some moms get sad as their babies get older ("She is growing up too fast!"), but I am enjoying each new development and growth along the way. After all, she is still tiny and cute, she's just getting more and more personality... what is sad about that?! Maybe one day I will lament the growth of my children (probably about the time she hits the teen years), but until she can hold up her own head, sleep for more than 3 hours at a time, and relieve herself without my having to clean up her mess, I think it's safe to say "developments" are a good thing :)  Anyway, here are a slew of pictures to commemorate our first month together as a family. Some of the highlights are a visit from her friend Brynn, Easter weekend, and our first family hike.

Meeting her buddy, Brynn Richards

Brynn is 6 months older than Maddie. It looks like such a difference now, but it probably won't be long before she is just as big as this sweet little girl!

She is really good at sleeping. During the day.

Love this

Cracking a smile :)

Awake and alert

Love her gaze

Being silly

Beaver Nation just got bigger

4 generations of "Huie" women

Hi Uncle Brian!

3 Beaver Believers!

Maddie with the Joy family

First family picture!

Our first hike at North Bank park near Glide

My boys
My little girl :)

4 comments:

nicole said...

yay! I love all the new pics! She is SO cute and i love the one of the four of you together!

Michele said...

I love the picture of you and your sweet pea!! I am very happy for you!! Girls are SOOOOOO FUN!!!

The Richards said...

Great pics!!!!! The photos you captured of Maddie are adorable and as good as any pro pics. I guess it is easy when your subject is as beautiful as Maddie :). Love the pics of Brynn and Maddie. How fun to see them together. I cant wait for the next time they are together and the many times thereafter.

Love ya! Great job mama.

Radiant Rachael's Magical Musings said...

Wonderful pics Janelle! She is so adorable:) Hope to see you soon!