October 16, 2009

Just our style...

Yesterday, Joe and I celebrated his bday exactly how you would expect us to: a big breakfast w/ coffee in the morning, followed by a beautiful hike and QT with Jack, an athletic event in the evening (my soccer game), and finally more eating (a late-night snack and dessert at Cheesecake Factory) to finish off the night. Here are some documentary photos from the day...

Ooey, gooey homemade cinnamon rolls- YUM

Jack was really intrigued by Joe's present, which was...

New gore-tex trail shoes for Jonas! (This might seem like a weird present to some of you, but if you only knew how thin we wear our athletic shoes you'd know this is actually a "treat" for us. See here if you don't believe me)

Hiking West Tiger #3 off of I-90 (We will really miss having trails like these within a 10 minute drive of our home)

Typical Newton hike:
Joe: "This is a really beautiful tree stand here..." and then a whole bunch of forestry talk I don't understand.
Me: Silent, but taking pictures. (I concur it WAS a beautiful tree stand)

A glimpse of the Washington Cascades from Tiger Mountain (oh how I heart thee)

I love the contrast of colors in the fall... the yellow, orange, and red leaves against green trees and blue sky

More fall colors, so pretty


Overall, it was a great day. Now we get to host the Wilson fam tonight and spend time with our favorite Seahawks on Sunday... yay for me being done with my long-term sub job and having time for a social life on weekends again!

No comments: