May 5, 2009

These shoes were made for walking...

When it comes to a good pair of running shoes, I swear by Asics. I have had these shoes since 2005, and they have served me well. They have never given me any blisters and are oh-so comfy. In fact, they fit me so perfectly I continue to wear them despite the large, gaping holes that started to appear a few months back. I estimate that these shoes have been with me for about 3,000 miles of running, hiking, and walking. Sadly, I think it might be time to retire these bad boys and spring for a new pair. This is something I have been struggling with for a long time, but it must be done... and soon. The hardest part? I haven't had to pay for a pair of running shoes for myself since I was in high school. Throughout college, I received 2 pairs of running shoes a year (courtesy OSU women's soccer), and I won my beloved pair of Asics with a "Free Shoe" coupon in a fun run raffle in 2005. I have stretched them out for as long as possible, but it is getting borderline ridiculous... I have gone to various stores (Joe's closing sale, Big 5, etc.) and tried on several pairs, but I am so damn cheap I hate to spend $100+ on a pair of shoes that will eventually look like this:



Alas, I realize it is time to bite the bullet and just do it. Until then, here are some pics from my last hiking trip EVER with my beloved Asics. (FYI- this is us hiking Mt. Si a couple of weeks back).

My beautiful boys, taking in the beautiful view

View of the Central Cascades in WA, Mt. Rainier to the right, and I-90 below

View of Mt. Rainier

Jack LOVES hiking

Me and the doggie

Joe and Jackie Poo

No comments: