May 18, 2009

Sunshine, champagne, and one beaming bride :)

You know that movie with Katherine Heigel, 27 Dresses? Well, I am basically her. Only the difference is, I am not cynical about love, my friends have not made me purchase horrendous dresses, and I have had a blast being involved in so many of my good friends' weddings. In less than one year, I have had the privilege to be the Matron of Honor in Nicole's wedding, a bridesmaid in Jessie's wedding, and now co-Matron of Honor in Merissa's wedding. I wonder who will be next... Mo, perhaps??? (Just joking, but seriously...)

Anyway, this past weekend was the first of several upcoming Merissa-wedding-extravaganzas and it was a blast. First of all, it was a beautiful day- the sun was shining and the flowers are finally blooming. It was also nice to meet a lot of her family, and Merissa was so happy all day long :) I can't wait for all of the upcoming events to come around, especially the bachelorette weekend (get ready Merissa, Mo and I have some good stuff coming your way...) and of course, the grand finale on July 10th. Here's to love, marriage, and all of the parties that come along with it!!!

Merissa with her soon-to-be in-laws

FYI- If Merissa gives you a crockpot anytime in the next 10 years, there is a strong to very strong chance it is a regift item...

The talented Amanda Crawford: shower hostess, bridesmaid, sister-in-law, and creator of the "Hot Seat" w/ Brandon (see background), which was a BIG hit

The beaming bride and her mama... she looks so happy :)

Pretty, pretty flowers

SUCH a beautiful day in the NW (that is the Puget Sound, BTW)

The view from Merissa's grandma's house is not too shabby...

The only time in a picture Merissa's head has EVER been bigger than mine... well, almost

Ok, ok... here's a "nice" picture

No comments: