October 9, 2009

Anticipation...

This weekend couldn't have come at a better time. The last 5 weeks of our lives have been a little rough, to put it mildly. After getting released from the Seahawks, Joe has been working really hard to find a good forestry job, but unfortunately there isn't much out there right now. And if you have been reading this blog at all the last month, you know what I've been up to: teaching and coaching with very little sleep, and virtually no free time. I have literally worked every single day since September 9th. Until today that is.

Today is a new day. It is a teacher non-contract day, and I am taking not one, but TWO, whole days off. We gave our soccer team the day off as well (6 out of our 17 players are either sick or injured right now), and I am headed out of town and away from Seattle for the weekend. Where to???

Oregon. And more specifically, Corvallis. I am so giddy I don't even know what to do with myself. Tonight I am going to watch the OSU women's soccer team take on top ranked Stanford. Even better, I will be watching with some of my old teammates. One of the girls is putting on an alumni tailgate, and I haven't seen some of these girls in years. As if that wasn't good enough, tomorrow we will be cheering on our OSU football boys when they also take on Stanford. I haven't been to a game since last year, and let's just say it wasn't the best (Civil War, ouch). To top things off, the sun is supposed to be shining, Joe and I will get to revisit some of our favorite old spots, and campus is SO pretty in the fall...

Yes, I will come home to a pile of papers to grade and lesson plans to make on Sunday. BUT, the end is now in sight (my long-term sub job ends next week!!!) and hopefully I will be rejuvenated for a final push after a great weekend. Stay tuned next week for pics from the trip, I will actually have time to blog about them soon :)

3 comments:

dabs&william said...

Have fun...what a great weekend you have planned! Go Beavs! Love you lady! :)

Radiant Rachael's Magical Musings said...

aw I love you J! You deserve a great weekend away! YAY BEAVS!

John W. said...

Hope you had a good weekend and the football team definitely played well on Saturday. I know Missi really enjoyed having you ride down to the Portland with her.