August 18, 2009

Working hard and hardly working...

Just to clarify- Joe would be the former, myself the latter. The last couple of weeks Joe has been busting his butt in training camp (AKA "hell") to try and make the active roster, while I have been enjoying the waning weeks of my summer break. Rough life, I know. However, I am doing all that I can to support him and help "us" (as he says) achieve our goal. What does this entail? Anything from taking care of (all) household responsibilities, planning my days around his lunch break (our "quality time") and then letting him nap for 90% of that time, giving lots of head scratches and foot massages, and talking to him about anything BESIDES football when we talk on the phone. It also includes going to Seahawk-related events, like the "Family and Friends" practices on Wednesdays. Here are some pics from last weeks practice, in case you are curious what a day at work looks like for these big guys...

Joe's "office" (sure beats a cubical)

Joe making a catch

A little tight end shot: JC, JN, JO, and JT (3 Johns and a Joe :)

Our friends Missi and John's daughter, Sam... I don't think she watched one snap of practice ;)

John is going to have one hell of a time scaring boys away one day!

Our friends Jana and Kyle Williams' daughter, Kylie, looking for her dad at practice

Once she found him she kept pointing and yelling, "Daddy! Daddy!" She looks so worried here for her daddy, how sweet!

Superbowl Champs in 2010? Maybe if they keep Joe ;)


No comments: