August 3, 2009

So glad...

that I am living in Washington right now. I rarely admit that, but this summer has been great. Beautiful weather, more amazing hikes than I know what to do with, making new friends, and best of all I get to SEE my husband on a daily basis. In contrast, last summer I was living in Portland during the month of August (and training camp). I got to spend a total of 4 days with my husband in the ENTIRE month. The day after a preseason game is their only day off during camp, so those were the days I would drive up from Portland. Fast forward one year, Joe is in training camp again, but this time I am HERE and therefore get to see him on his breaks. Luckily, Coach Mora is kind enough to give them a long lunch break, so we have been meeting up for picnic lunches in the park. It is kinda like dating again, except for the fact that Joe inevitably takes a nap each time we hang out. (And rightfully so.) Anyway, yesterday we tried to catch part of the Blue Angels show during our lunchtime meetup. We didn't have the best view, but it was still really cool and a fun way to spend the afternoon together...

The Blue Angels are absolutely amazing!

How do they hold their formation so perfect going a gazillion mph?

They are flying so close together it looks like there are only 3 planes here

Doing crazy maneuvers

Jack misses Jonas too, and snuggles with him whenever I leave an opening :)

Jack just sniffin' around, pretty standard

Apparently this dog's butt was more interesting than the show, haha

No comments: