August 25, 2009

Weekend Update

Last weekend was a busy (but great) weekend. To start things off, Thursday night I went to my first Seattle Sounders game. It was SO awesome. Even some of my friends who know nothing about soccer and couldn't care less had fun. The atmosphere was electric and the soccer was amazing. I felt like I was in Europe.

Friday marked the last official day of training camp for Joe. To celebrate, the Seahawks organization put on a family BBQ complete with food and entertainment. I partook in the entertainment, which included the First Annual Wives Flag Football Game. It was a lot of fun and my team won 28-0!. Click Here if you'd like to see the "highlights" video (which include me!). Friday night we ate dinner with our good friends John and Danielle Carlson, topping the night off with some vanilla ice-cream and a fresh-berry medley- SO YUMMY! Then it was off to the hotel for the pre-game routine for Joe and a drive to Portland for me.

Saturday afternoon I attended the wedding of one of my oldest friends, Michelle Washington. Her wedding was very pretty and she looked so happy and beautiful :) I made a quick appearance at her reception, enough to see their first dance and slideshow, before I rushed back up to Seattle for the Seahawks vs. Broncos game. I missed kickoff, but was definitely there in time to see my man score his first NFL touchdown! I was (and still am) so happy and excited for him! He still has a lot of battling to do in order to make the active roster, but I was relieved to at least see him smiling after the game. Joe's parents and Mo and Blair came up for the game, so we celebrated afterward with a champagne toast and then everyone stayed the night at our place.

Sunday morning was a big breakfast for our group of 6, and then Joe had to go to the facility for some running and film. I entertained our guests with some tennis and hiking near Tiger Mtn. When Joe got home we feasted on steak and delicious fresh produce brought up by Kathy from the Umpqua Valley. We finished dinner with some fresh blackberry peach cobbler and ice-cream before winding down for the night.

Monday Joe's parents stayed in town so they could spend his day off with us. We went hiking at Rattlesnake Ledge, and it was a perfect afternoon for a hike. After our hike, I had to go to work (yes, I got a coaching job!) for my first day of practice. I am the assistant varsity coach at Bellevue High School, and am excited to be coaching again. After practice, we went over to the Wilson household for an amazing dinner topped with homemade strawberry ice-cream! Then I lost in both Croquet and Catch Phrase, but hey, you can't win them all, right?

Such awesome seats! Sitting in the Red Zone Suites (thanks Atoya!)

So close to the action and loving it

The hook-up (Atoya) and her sweet boy Lil' Nate... I love her kids, they are so stinking cute!

Me with my star quarterback, Danielle Carlson :)

My #1 fan, Jonas

Joe's first NFL touchdown! (And YES, it WAS a catch!)

Jack, checking out the view at Rattlesnake Ridge

The Newtons, enjoying the vistas at the top

Me and the hub, being a trooper and hiking on his "day off"

No comments: