June 24, 2009

The Oregon Coast

Another weekend down, another whirlwind for Joe and I. We actually spent more time in the car (about 15 hours thanks to horrendous traffic) than we did sleeping this past weekend. Friday we drove from Issaquah to PDX for my cousin's wedding, then out to Seaside the same evening for a fishing trip. We got in about 2am and had to be up by 5am to catch a boat that Bert Brundige so generously chartered for some sturgeon fishing on the Columbia River. I decided to forgo fishing (I prefer sleep, skipping the seasickness, and spending the day on the beach) and everyone else headed out bright and early. They returned in the afternoon and we ate a delicious feast, played some cards, watched an amazing sunset, and had a raging bonfire on the beach. The next morning we had to take off bright and early to meet my dad and family in PDX for a Father's Day breakfast (love you Daddy!) before heading back home to Issaquah. A lot of driving, but also a lot of fun, and worth every minute to see our family and friends. As usual, here are the pics: (all taken in manual mode, focus and settings since my camera is being stupid and is now in the shop- thank goodness I know how to do this now :)

Fishing: what everyone else was doing while I enjoyed my day of solitude at the beach

Our home for the weekend- Bert, you are amazing!

The happy couple: Mo (freezing) and Blair (always pumped for a photo op)

And you wonder why I married this man :)

Oh Mo, how I love you :)

Pretty sunset

Cool bird formation on the horizon

The boys going to work for our bonfire, which later got ridiculously huge and out of control. Two words for ya: diesel fuel.

The benefit to waking up at 4:48am and not being able to go back to sleep: an impromptu sunrise photo session on the beach

Pretty reflection on the low tide

Playing with white balance is my new favorite trick. (This is almost the exact same picture as above, just slightly zoomed out and a different white balance setting.) Your preference on the white balance? I can't decide!

I love clouds in pictures

Cutest little Asian kid trying to dig up some clams... look at his camo shorts with rainboots- too cute!

Playing with the white balance and exposure settings again. I think the dark exposure adds some drama in this pic

No comments: