June 2, 2009

It's beary scary out here!

About a month ago, Joe and I packed up all of our stuff and moved (again). This time the move was just across town, from Newcastle to Issaquah. Similar to the rest of the world, we are trying to save some money and decided to downsize from the rental house (AKA "the castle") to a nice little condo. So far we really like our new place. There is a dog park nearby, tons of walking trails, and the views of downtown Seattle and Bellevue, along with Lake Sammamish, are amazing. Did I mention awesome hiking starts about 5 minutes away just east on I-90? It should be a great summer for hiking with the awesome weather we're having lately.

OH, there is one more thing I should mention. BEARS live in our neighborhood. Really. I'm talking full-grown black bears, roaming around the neighborhood. I went running early on Sunday morning, and before I could get a half-mile from our new home I saw a black bear wandering across the street. I presume he (or she) was looking for some snacks, but I saw him on his was out back into the green space he came from. Pretty cool way to start off the day! Here are some pics from the move...

Goodbye kitchen I love :(

I am not usually one to brag, but Joe and I are probably the most efficient packers you have ever met. It's sickening, really.

Even Jack is tired of moving, and he doesn't do sh*t!

Our home for the next 6 months: 1981 24th Ave. NE #102, Issaquah, WA 98029

No comments: