December 25, 2008

10 reasons to love the snow!

10. NO SCHOOL- means sleeping in, hanging out with my husband and dog, and actually getting to relax on a day off. Sure it sucks to make it up later in the year, but it is greatly appreciated right now.


9. Tired dogs- Let me tell you, Jack is hard to tire out. I can take him on a 5 mile run, and when we walk through the door he is running around like it never happened. But after an 1-2 hour walk in the snow, this dog is CONKED out for a solid hour or two. Awesome.


8. Long walks and crunchy snow- I love the sound of snow crunching underneath my feet. I also love taking Jack on walks in the snow. It is very entertaining and he never looks happier.


7. Inside is SO cozy- After playing outside in the snow, nothing is better than coming inside to a warm cozy house! Throw a little hot chocolate and Christmas music into the mix and it's like a little slice of heaven on earth.


6. Sledding- It's not just for kids! Joe and I had a blast sledding down a huge hill next to our house. Is it weird that we hardly saw any kids sledding? We are 25 and were having more fun than the youngins- no wonder childhood obesity is such an issue in our country! (P.S. Look closely at Jack attacking me as I sled down the hill... it really riled him up!)

5. Playing in the snow in general- Making snowmen, skiing down the middle of a street, and snowball fights are just the tip of the iceberg here. Who doesn't love to revert to their childhood days and just "play"? Good, clean fun :)


4. Dogs- Jack is HILARIOUS in the snow. Seriously, if you don't have a dog, you must get one simply to see him/her be a complete psycho in the snow. It's unreal. Really. Sheer, unadulterated joy. (Look closely at the pic of Jack in the water... he is chasing ducks, of course!)




3. Baking- What sounds better than fresh baked warm cookies when holed up inside on a snow day? Nothing! That is what I think too, which is why I made these delicious chocolate chip ones.


2. It's romantic- Why is everything prettier in the snow? I don't know, but it is, and is extremely romantic to me. Makes me wanna snuggle up with the hub, a warm blanket, and a good movie. FYI- Nighttime walks in the snow are also very romantic :) We took several of them, and they were awesome.

1. A white Christmas- They write songs about it, and everyone wishes for it. Well, it finally happened. Aside from all of the traveling difficulties, I'd say that it was pretty great and "magical". If only I was 8 again it would've been the most amazing thing EVER!!!

No comments: