November 16, 2008

One PROUD lady...

I made a last minute decision to go back to Portland this weekend... The soccer team I used to coach, at Philomath High School, made it to the state championships after FIVE YEARS of making it to the quarter or semi-finals, only to come up short. Well, THIS year, they were undefeated the whole season and on Saturday night they took home the state title! The current seniors were just little freshmen when I first started coaching, and I was in awe of how much they've grown! They played awesome and I am SO PROUD of my girls... Even though taking Saturday off to drive down to see the game meant my Sunday really sucked (worked the entire day), it was worth it to be there to support them and give them big hugs after the game! Congrats to all of my lady Warriors :)

No comments: