October 8, 2008

Mrs. Newton is BACK in action!

Well, it's been awhile since the last entry, but I am back and have some GOOD news... I got hired yesterday as a long-term substitute for a teacher going on maternity leave! I will be working at Sammamish High School, teaching US History and AP Gov, and am super excited! That means NO MORE 5am wake-up calls, going to different schools each day, not knowing any of the students I am "teaching" (aka baby-sitting), or showing up to a classroom with no lesson plan or attendance sheet. I also get to make my OWN lesson plans, be a REAL teacher, have a consistent schedule, and best of all, really get to know my students (and the other teachers). Things are starting to look up... :)

2 comments:

Patty said...

Congratulations on the job! A friend of mine from college (she's in grad school in LA at the moment) lives there and it's a pretty nice place. Can't wait to read some posts about your adventures in teaching :)

JNew said...

Congratulations Janelle! That is awesome news. I am really happy that you will have a steady teaching gig.