October 1, 2008

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!






There are many pros and cons to being an athlete (and/or married to one)... Yesterday, we experienced some of the perks. Joe and I had an awesome, impromptu date night courtesy the Seattle Seahawks. Or as Joe and his buddies would say, "we got the hook-up"...

First, we headed to the Woodland Park Zoo for the Seahawks family day. What did this include? Oh, simply FREE admission, FREE parking, and best of all, a personal tour guide who took us through the Jaguar exhibit! SO cool!! Forget the fact that all of the other "families" there were players and wives with their young children, Joe and I had a blast learning about the animals and checking all of them out. While all of the animals were awesome, by far the coolest was the jaguar. Did you know that the jaguar is the only wild cat who can pierce its prey's skull with one bite? Jaguar literally translates into Mayan "the one who can crush with one bite". All other cats go for the throat and/or internal organs to lacerate and slowly kill their prey, but not the mighty jaguar. Um, also you should know they are so freaking pretty. I really wanted to pet it, but a thick glass wall (and common sense) kept me from doing so.

After walking all around the zoo, we were quite hungry so we headed to Troiani in downtown Seattle for some delicious Italian food. This brings us to hook-up #2. We received a gift card here for going to a charity dinner last week, so we ate an AMAZING meal and barely had to pay a thing. I've decided that I might have to add pancetta-wrapped prawns into my weekly dinner menu... what could be better than prawns, wrapped in bacon, and topped with pesto?? Although dinner was amazing on its own, doesn't food always taste better when you don't have to pay for it?! I think so :)

1 comment:

Michele said...

Hey Janelle it's Michele from high school. I got you blog from Nicole's blog. You look great in all her posts and you look very happy!! I am glad that you are doing well. Jack is very cute.