March 30, 2012

Time flies...

In exactly one week, Maddie will turn 1 year old. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Where did the time go??? Even though everyone warned me that "the time will fly by", I can't believe we are about to stop counting months and start counting years.

However, this is not a sad transition for this mama. I have enjoyed the early stages of her "baby years" thus far, but she just keeps getting more and more fun each day. I look at her 1st birthday not as a sad occasion signifying that she is "no longer my baby", but a celebration of the awesome person she is turning into. After all, this has been the most wonderful, happiest, funniest, and at times- scariest- 51 weeks of my life. Spending time with our little lady is truly the highlight of each day, and we can't imagine our lives without her. Here is a quick update on her newest "tricks" just prior to her first birthday:
  • Standing on her own (easily)
  • Walking (sort of- more like taking "baby steps")
  • Shaking/dancing to music
  • Chasing Jack (via turbo crawling)
  • Playing hide-and-go-seek (we hide, she comes and finds us)
And my FAVORITE Maddie-ism is not necessarily a new one, but it is definitely my favorite and probably will be until the day that I die... listening to her deep, truly happy, "from-the-bottom-of-her-belly" laugh. (See videos below- it's THE best thing ever.) 

Ok. That's enough writing for now. The pictures and video should tell the real story, much better than me blabbering can.

Maddie loves her some bath time

She also loves bouncing/running with mama :)

Rocking out with Daddy
(Don't judge us for the AC/DC... she listens to Beethoven once and awhile too)

First steps at 10.5 months... she loves to move!

Trying to be like big brother Jack

 Sleeping with her Jack toy :)

 Nap time with Daddy 

Ready to walk Jack, rain or shine

 Happiest little girl :) 

I simply adore this photo

Her BF Jack!

Naked baby alert!

Helping mama with dishes

*Stay tuned for first birthday pics!!!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Wow, I can't believe she's almost a year old- time flies. Congratulations on your little munchkin- she is absolutely adorable!