March 3, 2009

3:22am. Insane, I know.

3:22am. This is what time Joe and I returned to our home in Newcastle, WA on Monday morning. We were on a 3 week "vacation", which included (deep breath): a trip to Kauai, driving from Seattle to Roseburg just hours after a sleepless redeye flight (in order to retrieve our beloved retriever Jack, since Joe's parents so kindly watched him while we were in Kauai), then driving back up to Portland for Jessie/Matt's wedding and pre-wedding fun, then back off to Hawai'i for Joe (the Big Island this time, ridiculous I know) and Columbia,Missouri for me (to visit BFF). I returned to Portland this past Saturday evening, and picked up Joe from the airport at 12:30am on Sunday night (technically morning I guess...) Normal, sane people would've stayed the night in Portland and driven back up to Seattle the next day, but we literally don't know where we're living next week (the all-too familiar 6 month lease is up), and are feeling a slight sense of urgency to try and figure that out asap. SO, I apologize for the month-long lack of updates. When one is a nomad, it is hard to maintain a blog. Ironically, I actually have a lot to blog about right now too. Aside from all of the aforementioned activity, my last week of teaching was pretty memorable as well. But we already cancelled our internet, and we probably won't have it for at least a week or too until we find a new place and get settled. So check back for updates in a week or so, and I'll share the last whirlwind of a month in review, and finally catch everybody up with us... Hope everyone is doing well, take care and hope to post again sooner than later!

No comments: